Show Management Food & Beverage Sampling and Preparation Guidelines
Food and beverage samplings are limited to companies that manufacture, process and/or distribute products being sampled.
- Visit http://www.minneapolismn.gov/health/inspections/food-short for full application materials and information.
- Fill out the Event Food Sponsor Permit. CLICK HERE
- Collect completed Short-Term Food Permit applications and permit fees from each approved exhibitor planning to distribute food and/or beverage.
- At least 10 business days prior to event start date, submit all applications and fees directly to the Minneapolis Development Review Office.
- In addition to any City Health Department regulations, exhibitors who would like to distribute samples and meet sampling criteria must adhere to Minneapolis Convention Center regulations, with no exceptions.
- Food and/or beverage samples may only be distributed directly from an exhibit booth, within the show floor exhibit space.
- Exhibitors are asked to support the efforts of Kelber Catering and the Minneapolis Convention Center to reduce waste by providing ALL compostable sampling containers and serviceware.
- Minneapolis Convention Center offers hand washing stations and three-compartment sinks for rent; please contact your event coordinator.
- Kelber Catering has chemical and paper products along with three compartment sink cleaning services; please contact your catering coordinator for fees.
Food and beverage samples are not to exceed:
- Food portions – 2 ounces
- Non-alcoholic beverages – 5 ounces
Alcoholic beverage sampling
In order to sample beer, wine or other alcoholic beverages exhibitors must be a grower, wholesaler, or distributor of products being sampled. Exhibitor must contact Kelber Catering in advance for fees and regulations involved with sampling under Kelber Catering’s liquor license. Kelber Catering retains the right of final approval on the dispensing of beer, wine or other alcoholic beverages by exhibitors.
Sampling size guidelines:
- Wine – 1.5 ounce
- Beer – 3 ounce
- Liqueur or Cordials – 75 ounce
- Distilled Spirits – .50 ounce
CONSUMABLE*/NON-CONSUMABLE* FOOD & BEVERAGE SALES on the show floor – Permittee is responsible for informing exhibitors of this policy and will be held accountable for enforcement.
The MCC and its exclusive caterer Kelber Catering, maintain the exclusive rights for all consumable/non-consumable food & beverage sales on Minneapolis Convention Center property including the facility, outdoor Plaza, surrounding sidewalks, marshalling yard and any other space under direct control of the Minneapolis Convention Center. Consumable products must be pre-packaged and have a minimum price of $15.00 per smallest saleable unit to be sold by exhibitors and/or Permittee.
*CONSUMABLE PRODUCT DEFINATION is any product that may potentially be opened and consumed on site (e.g. pretzels, candies, popcorn, cookies, etc.).
*NON-CONSUMABLE PRODUCT DEFINATION is a product which is not readily consumed as is (e.g. sauces, uncooked pasta, drink mixes, food mixes, spices, etc.).