Kelber Catering’s service goes far beyond what is on the plate.
Social Responsibility in the workplace takes commitment, education, and follow-through. Kelber has been a pioneer in green initiatives and takes great pride in our accomplishments with social responsibility.
Protecting our environment and natural resources is a collaboration throughout Kelber Catering. This collaboration brings awareness to the forefront for all employees, vendors and clients.
So how do we contribute to these important efforts?
Credit: Meet Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Convention Center
It Starts with Our Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC) Home
- MCC is LEED certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) from the U.S. Green Build Council along with a level-one standards certification for environmentally sustainable meetings, events, trade shows and conferences from ASTM International, an international standards organization.
- The Events Industry Council recognizes MCC as Leaders in Sustainability.
- Annually, 5.4 Million Gallons of runoff rainwater are redirected to underground storage for the facility irrigation.
- Restrooms and kitchen areas have been upgraded to fixtures that use 50% less water.
- Thousands of 600 KW roof top solar panels provide on-site green sourced energy.
- Floor care equipment uses Orbio Split Steam and Blended Stream Technology which converts water, electricity and a small amount of salt to clean surfaces without chemicals.
- Almost all cleaning products used in the MCC are Green Seal Certified.